In this video:
is described the every day life of workers in France exposed to occupational diseases and injuries. The Social Security schemes intend to compensate the disabilities that stem from work. But sometimes the worker must struggle against a rejection of his demand by the Social Security administration. In that case the dispute is judged in front of the Court of the Dispute of the Incapacity (Tribunal du Contentieux de l’Incapacité or TCI) which is a specialized court in charge of social benefits litigation. The Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) take a huge place in the mechanism of such disabilities. In some cases the workers victimized by an occupational injury have to justify their request as if they were exaggerating their sufferings. The liability is thus reversed and it is not fair in my view.
- European Union of Medicine in Assurance and Social Security (philippehavinh.wordpress.com)
- Social Security Nightmare (depressionmarathon.blogspot.com)
- Unable to work because of chronic illness? (lupuschronicles.com)
- Why The Social Security Administration Will Deny You Disability Benefits (socyberty.com)
- How Social Security Income is Taxed (turbotax.intuit.com)