A survey compared the incidence of low paid jobs in Europe and the US. The USA, the UK and Germany appears to be the champions. Surprisingly the survey found that the rate of unemployment and the incidence of low paid workers varied in an opposite way across the countries included in the study. The occupational sectors struck by low wages are principally hospitals, hotels, food processing and call centers.
- Why we are striking against austerity in Europe | The panel (guardian.co.uk)
- Low-wage jobs take toll on families (miamiherald.com)
- Where next for the living wage? (newstatesman.com)
- Economy: Wage Growth Slows Worldwide (ionglobaltrends.com)
- Low-Wage Jobs Don’t Just Harm Workers – They Harm Their Children (thinkprogress.org)