Hello Whatever makes you smile.
I absolutely agree with you, that’s why I reblog your post. We have to spread this awareness of what a war crime is. But the mechanism is far more complicated. The video is too much a testimony of the American way of thinking: violence is an answer to violence. The roots of such crimes against humanity are always poverty and lack of social justice from the governments in charge, not to mention the greed of multinational companies which take the raw products of African soil for nothing in exchange. The deal that is proposed by these kind of dictator is: if you want to eat, join my army. The campaigns of that kind is a way for western people to buy a good conscience and to keep on going with the same economic model which creates such discrepancies between north and south.
- Kony2012, Invisible Children, and Where Your Donations are Going (inhabitat.com)
- Kony 2012 Video Endorsed By ICC Chief: But Are The Methods Sound? (ibtimes.com)
- Fighting War Crimes, Without Leaving the Couch? (nytimes.com)
- Invisible Children; KONY 2012 (uponatlas.wordpress.com)
- Kony 2012: Everything To Know Including Who Is Joseph Kony, What Is ‘Kony 2012,’ Should You Donate, Invisible Children Alternatives, More (ibtimes.com)
This video is all over the internet nowadays. You should definitely watch this if you haven’t seen it already.
After seeing this video, I read some articles about Kony and this campaign. This campaign gets a lot of criticism: doubts about the motives of Invisible Children, the organization that is behind KONY2012 (a plan to make Kony famous, so he cannot stay hidden and will be arrested), the way they spend their money, whether or not Kony is still active,…
To be honest, I will not donate money for this campaign and I’m not sure I support this campaign for 100%. I thought it was strange that the movie was made so professionally (so expensive) and for me, that wasn’t necessary at all. Another thing I wasn’t too keen about were the offered bracelets with Kony’s name on. The concept and idea are great, but I just don’t see myself…
View original post 192 more words