Tomorrow it will have passed one year since Mohamed Bouazizi set fire on his own body, a fire that spread like straw fire across all the Arab world leading to the Arab spring few months later the indignant in Spain and later on occupy wall street movement in the US and now Russia discovers what democracy looks like.
Time magazine designed the man of the year: he is a masked protester.
2011 was the year of the individual, individual against the blind system.
Every country needs their courageous individuals, only a few of them are some times sufficient to make a whole country take the high road.
We in France have the chance to possess also this kind of lonesome individuals struggling against the system. One of them is called Alain Braillon, a public health physician who dares to speak loud on Public health issues.
By this post I tend to contribute to save the private Braillon!
You can read the full story in the editorial of Liver international here: liv2723
- Person of the year (nebraskaenergyobserver.wordpress.com)
- Tunisian on life one year later: No fear (cnn.com)
- VIDEO: How the Arab Spring began (bbc.co.uk)
- The Protester named 2011 Person of the Year by Time Magazine (marcusampe.wordpress.com)
- Time magazine marks a year of turmoil with ‘The Protester’ (mercurynews.com)